Online Adult Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England Two Day
Time & Location
About the Event
Date and Time: 9.30 am to 12 noon on 13, 16, 20 and 23 April 2021.
Course Price: £240
No of sessions: 4 (each 2.5 hours)
Online Adult Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England Training Overview
This online 2-day mental health first aid (MHFA) England course delivered by Thrive and Well Ltd qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider. You will gain an understanding of common mental health conditions and learn practical skills to spot the signs of mental ill-health and offer support. You will also learn about self-care for mental and physical wellbeing.
What to expect
Learning takes place across four manageable sessions. Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) action plan.
Session 1 Mental Health First Aid and mental health.
Session 2 Depression and suicidal crisis.
Session 3 Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self-harm.
Session 4 Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
This course provides you with:
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support e.g., self-help resources, the NHS
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing.
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that we can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
- You will also be given access to Enably, MHFA England's online learning portal, to complete four pre-learning sessions.
Independent research and evaluation show that Mental Health First Aid (England) courses:
- Raise awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduce stigma around mental ill health and feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support
- Boost knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Encourage people to start a conversation with a person who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Promote early intervention which enables recovery